Event: Alternative Energy, Fuel Cells, Hydrogen, and Renewables – Investor Ready? (01/12)
Entrepreneurs, you must connect. As part of our dedication to building the Northeast entrepreneurial community, we feature events that will help you find the resources and guidance you need to succeed.
Global investment in renewable power and fuels was up 32 percent in 2010 over 2009, hitting $211 billion last year. That is over 550 percent growth since 2004. So where are investments being made? In developed countries like the US, money is going into small scale projects, and government and corporate-sponsored research and development. In part we have the boom in rooftop photovoltaics and green stimulus measures to thank.
But what about technologies that aren’t totally ready for manufacturing scale up and roll-out like hydrogen and fuel cells? Which are getting government, venture and private equity funding for R&D? Hear executives from entrepreneurs like Charlie Myers of Trenergi relate their journeys from concept to product and listen to investors as they look ahead for 2012 and beyond.
What you will learn:
• Actionable information on opportunities in the up-and-coming fuel cell power market
• An understanding of the government incentive landscape and the structures for successfully financing deals
• Knowledge of the development opportunities and technical risks associated with new opportunities
Who should attend:
Energy investors from the venture capital, private equity, conventional debt financing and regional angel networks
- Energy device and system inventors and entrepreneurs
- Corporate and academic and R&D specialists
- Business professionals serving the technology community
|When:||Thursday, January 12, (4:30pm – 7:00pm)|
|Where:||Graduate Business Learning Center, University of Connecticut|
|100 Constitution Plaza|
|Hartford, CT 06103|
General admission is $25.00. To register, contact Ann Discenza at adiscenza-at-cvg-dot-org, or call (860) 289-0878. Learn more about the event by visiting this website.