Internship: YumZing (Social Media/ Marketing)
The mission of Whiteboard is to contribute to the community of entrepreneurs and innovators in the Northeast, and to help build that community. To make that happen, we are featuring internships from community memebrs in order to help them find team members to become more successful. If you’re looking for an intern – get involved! If you’re looking for an internship, check out this great opportunity below.
YumZing is a food review tool that began as a website and has since been implemented as a mobile application. YumZing takes the guesswork out of visiting a restaurant by allowing users to review specific dishes and even share photos of their experience with their friends, family, and ultimately, the world. YumZing works to share the news about top-rated dishes with hungry diners, along with tips on what to avoid.
Contact: If you’re interested in this internship, contact CEO and Founder Jolina Li at Jolina-at-Yumzing.com
As YumZing’s Social Media/ Marketing Intern, you will work directly with the founding team of an exciting new startup. Your skills will have a direct impact on expansion, and there is a big opportunity for growth in the future.
- Increase social media presence and gain visibility for the Yumzing brand.
- Create and maintain an editorial calendar.
- Consistently communicate exciting news through social media sites.
- Distribute content to various outlets.
- Monitor and engage various social media platforms.
- Correspond with leads about YumZing’s services.
- Conduct research in order to keep YumZing at the forefront of customer interaction.
- Update website, as needed.
- Track website statistics.
- Be prepared to perform the above tasks for clients’ projects
Please tell us about your prior relevant experience, and why you are the best candidate for this position.
- Familiarity with Facebook and Twitter (you will be taught the rest.)
- Must be passionate about social media.
- Friendly disposition. Strong conversation skills.
- Familiarity with entrepreneurship.
- Must be a detail-oriented team player.
- Must be tech savvy.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work with little supervision.
This is an unpaid, part-time internship. We are expecting a 10-15 hour per week commitment. The ideal candidate will be considered for a permanent position based on performance.
- Free food during meetups.